Many of you have already downloaded our 2017 Draft Load out, but if you haven't be sure to check it out. It is packed full of custom features for your league.
Its been asked a ton of times so here it is... The method to my madness. This is guide on how to use the software to win your draft!
Step 1: Installing the Software
Go to the Average Joe Nations page with the Menu Header to find the software page.
1. If you are on Windows Vista or newer please use the "Download Now" Button. If not use "Compatibility Version". To highlight the differences briefly the the full version creates a desktop icon for easy launching and automatically checks for updates. With the compatibility version you will need to follow me on Twitter to see when I release an update.
2. For this tutorial I will only go over the full version. After you click the download button you will be taken to our Google Drive server.
Please click the download icon in the corner to download the .ZIP file.
3. Once its finished downloading right-click the file in your web browser and say show in folder, or alternatively just go to your computer /My Downloads Folder.
4. Right click the LaunchDraftKit.zip and choose extract all. Make sure to choose a destination location where you want everything to live. This will be the installation directory.
5. After the files are finished extracting please run the .exe file to install.
Just follow the prompt and you are good to go! It will take just a second to install before launching the first time. You can just use the desktop icon for all future runs, or the actual program is in the installation directory if you prefer.
2. Setting up for your League
The software has 4 main sections. Preseason, Draft, Season, and Settings. The first thing you will want to do when you get in is choose or create a scoring setting using the "Scoring Rules" Button
1. When you open up the Scoring you will see a ton of options! This is confusing, but there lies the beauty of the software. You can customize for anything. The software ships with 4 preset scoring systems, but all you have to do is click save-as to create a new one.
Important: This form controls the entire program! If you change scoring systems or make a change to a custom one and click save, the entire software package will update.
Here is a couple of screen shots to see what you are working with here. Several of the scoring settings will be discussed later on.
Step 3. Preparing for your draft
Here is where things start to get interesting and unique from other platforms you will find on the web. Let me layout the framework for my draft strategy.
1. Determine your league scoring
2. Develop Rankings
3. Generate Projections based on historical scoring results
4. Generate a Value-Over-Replacement draft board for your league for 8 or so rounds of the draft
5. Generate a Tiered Draft Board later rounds
Link to Part II
Be sure to follow me on Twitter @maatspencer for updates!